Welcome to the jungle, Venus Productions

JohanD
post Aug 29 2010, 11:07 AM
Post #1

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19

1- Solitaire (Take 1) 2:28 ; 2- Solitaire (Take 2) 2:06 ; 3- Solitaire (Take 3) 4:47 ; 4- Solitaire (Takes 6-7) 5:21 ; 5- Solitaire (Take 8) 4:39 ; 6- Solitaire (Takes 9-10) 0:58 ; 7- Solitaire (Undubbed master) 4:37 ; 8- Solitaire (Different mix) 4:43 ; 9- Solitaire (Master) 4:43 ; 10- Moody Blue (Take 3) 3:46 ; 11- Moody Blue (Take 4) 3:30 ; 12- Moody Blue (Take 5) 4:01 ; 13- Moody Blue (Take 6) 4:12 ; 14- Moody Blue (Take 7) 1:33 ; 15- Moody Blue (Takes 8-9) 0:58 ; 16- Moody Blue (Undubbed master) 3:57 ; 17- Moody Blue (Master) 2:54

A full cd with only two songs?
Well, not excactly, it's all the know versions of two songs.
The label gives us the takes of "Solitaire" and "Moody blue".
I must admitt, "Solitaire" is not my favorite song,but on this cd i've come to like it more.
The overdubbed versions by RCA(for completeness also included on the disc) are too overdubbed and muffled to enjoy the track.
The undubbed and newly found takes gives us a MUCH better expierience, in fact, "Solitaire" is very well done!!

The "Moody blue" takes are excellent too, a real joy to hear!!

This cd combines all the known takes(from RCA and FTD) with their newly found versions in a very good quality.
The booklet is very tasteful too, with lots of info and great 1976 pics(altough there are some from '75 too).

It's a quality product with NEW import outtakes, in these days a rarity.
This is not a cd you will play daily, but for research and collector purposes it's essential.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  solitaire_cover.jpg ( 47.39K ) Number of downloads: 5
Attached File  Sample.wav ( 9.86MB ) Number of downloads: 11

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Aug 29 2010, 08:33 PM
Post #2

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

Still waiting for my copy to arrive....soon i hope. Nice info as always Johan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thanks.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

+Quote Post
68Comeback
post Aug 30 2010, 12:13 AM
Post #3

Listening to Elvis

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 22,586

Managed to get a copy of this a few days ago,to be honest i found the continuous takes of Solitaire a bit of a strain,dont get me wrong i like Elvis' take on the song but to hear it repeated over and over was a bit much.

When it got to the Moody Blue part it was like a breath of fresh air with the change in song and tempo.

Honestly this is not a release i will not play a lot and will probably copy various takes onto my own made CDR's but for rarities and sound quality this release is top notch and im still glad i managed to track down a copy.

On a slight side note i had great difficultys getting hold of a copy and the only dealer on E-Bay selling this was in Germany and wanted a lot of money both for the CD and for shipping.I hope this is not a sign of things to come for future import releases.Anyone else having problems getting imports recently?.

+Quote Post
JohanD
post Aug 31 2010, 06:08 PM
Post #4

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19

QUOTE (NightRider @ Aug 29 2010, 08:33 PM) *
Still waiting for my copy to arrive....soon i hope. Nice info as always Johan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thanks.gif)

My pleasure Chris!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

On a slight side note i had great difficultys getting hold of a copy and the only dealer on E-Bay selling this was in Germany and wanted a lot of money both for the CD and for shipping.I hope this is not a sign of things to come for future import releases.Anyone else having problems getting imports recently?.

I understand what you mean my friend.
Imports are getting rarer to get, sometimes ebay is the only way out...and their prices too...
I agree with your statements about the cd too, but it's a collector thing, and that's what we are... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/winking0001.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:56 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities