A burst of fire, August 25th, 1973 Dinner show-Las Vegas-Memory records

JohanD
post Apr 9 2011, 11:16 AM
Post #1

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19

01. Also Sprach Zarathustra, 02. C. C. Rider, 03. I Got A Woman / Amen, 04. Love Me, 05. Steamroller Blues, 06. You Gave Me A Mountain, 07. Blue Suede Shoes, 08. Rock medley: Long Tall Sally / Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On / Mama Can't Dance / Jailhouse Rock / Hound Dog, 09. Love Me Tender, 10. Fever, 11. Bridge Over Troubled Water, 12. Suspicious Minds, 13. Band Introductions, 14. Release Me, 15. Medley: Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel, 16. An American Trilogy, 17. A Big Hunk O'Love, 18. Heartbreak Hotel (incomplete), 19. The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face (incomplete), 20. Can't Help Falling In Love, 21. Closing Vamp.

Once again Memory records deliver the goods.
To me this is a 100% new show!! Can't beat that!!
The soundquality is pretty good too, altough there is (female) chatting throughout the performance.
A shame that "Heartbreak hotel" and "The first time i ever saw your face" are not totaly complete, but we get a good portion of it.
The setlist is very strong, Elvi sings with power and clearly delivers a stunning dinnershow!!
It must be said that i'm glad that this label has a hired a very strong designer and it shows, that's another highlight, and altough some pics come from the Vegas '74 winterseason, they fit in very well.
A good, fine sounding and looking cd for te collector among us!!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  a_burst_of_fire_front.jpg ( 201.1K ) Number of downloads: 9
Attached File  05___Steamroller_Blues___Elvis_Presley.mp3 ( 2.55MB ) Number of downloads: 9

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
JohanD
post Jul 14 2011, 04:46 PM
Post #2

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19

to me it's a "new" show.

That's to me the main selling point, and the quelity is not THAT bad, it's very decent.
You can't compare it ofcourse with the titles you mention,that's a fifferent league, but it's nowhere nere the bottom of bad-quality sounding shows.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:52 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities