Down In The Alley, released by EPL / 1991

stefan
post Aug 8 2006, 06:00 PM
Post #1

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 10

(IMG:http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/imleaving/Downinthealleyfront1.jpg)

(IMG:http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/imleaving/Downinthealleyback1.jpg)

Down In The Alley

Genre: live recording
Format: Audience
Sound: below average
Tracks: 20
Playing Time:

Recorded live: Las Vegas, Ne, August 19th 1974 ~ Opening Night

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01 Big Boss Man
02 Proud Mary
03 Down In The Alley (1st / last live version)
04 Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues (1st / last live version)
05 Never Been To Spain (last live version)
06 It's Midnight (1st live version)
07 If You Talk In Your Sleep (1st live version)
08 i'm Leaving
09 Let Me Be There
10 Softly As I Leave You
11 If You Love Me, Let Me Know (1st live version)
12 Love Me Tender
13 Polk Salad Annie
14 Band Introductions
15 Promised Land (1st live version)
16 My Baby Left Me (last live version)
17 Bridge Over Troubled Water
18 Fever
19 Hound Dog
20 Can't Help Falling In Love

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:

Audience recording of Elvis's Opening Night show of the August/September '74 season. For more info check the following soundboard releases:

- If You Talk In Your Sleep ~ Fort Baxter 2094 (1994)
- From Sunset Boulevard To Paradise Road ~ DAE 3595-6/7 (1996) / CD-2, tracks: 5-24

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Aug 8 2006, 06:44 PM
Post #2

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

One of the first boot CDs i recall buying .... and being thankful that they found a soundboard of it. A very cool show...shame about the sound [img]style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img] ...thank you Fort Baxter and DAE [img]style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif[/img]

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

+Quote Post
stefan
post Aug 8 2006, 06:46 PM
Post #3

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

I can take it then that the sound on this one wasn't too good ? [img]style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif[/img]

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

+Quote Post
Tigerman
post Aug 8 2006, 06:53 PM
Post #4

Down in the Jungle Room

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 2

Good sound or not, this is one of my favorite shows from '74 and that tells alot (So many grate shows).

It also shows us that Elvis could make changes when he had the guts, to bad the audience did not approve. The history might have been different if they did.

Highlights: It's midnight, Good time Charlie got he blues, Never been to spain and if you talk in your sleep.

Edit: Actually the whole show is a highlight.

--------------------

The outer limit of your potential is determined solely by your own beliefs and your own confidence in what you think is possible

+Quote Post
stefan
post Aug 8 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #5

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

QUOTE (Tigerman @ Aug 8 2006, 08:53 PM) *
It also shows us that Elvis could make changes when he had the guts, to bad the audience did not approve. The history might have been different if they did.

I'm 100% certain it was due to Elvis's own lack of self confidence (and NOT "disaproval" from the audience) that caused Elvis to go back to his "usual" setlist in a few days. !

I don't own this audience recording, but when listening to the soundboard trough headphones, the audience does sound "amazingly" enthausiastic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just like the 3 Ashville shows are year later where everyone says Elvis didn't got a standing ovation at all .... pure myth ! (the standing ovation after How Great Thou Art on July 24th is one of the "hardest" and "longest" i've ever heard).

--------------------

+Quote Post
JohanD
post Aug 8 2006, 07:04 PM
Post #6

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 19

One of my first live imports too.

Audience recording,but not that bad,in fact it's pretty clear!!

For all of us it was the first time we heard this great show on cd, and what a tracklist it is!!

The sounboard is indeed better by Baxter/DAE,but this one is the only with the complete "Can't help falling in love" at the end.

They always say that te crowd reaction was pretty poor with this show,this cd proofs otherwise.

The crowd likes it!! [img]style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img]

--------------------

+Quote Post
stefan
post Aug 8 2006, 07:07 PM
Post #7

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

They always say that te crowd reaction was pretty poor with this show,this cd proofs otherwise.

Thank you for confirming my above post, although you couldn't know because we wrote it at the same time [img]style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif[/img]

[img]style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif[/img]

--------------------

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Aug 8 2006, 07:11 PM
Post #8

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (JohanD @ Aug 8 2006, 08:04 PM) *
One of my first live imports too.

Audience recording,but not that bad,in fact it's pretty clear!!

For all of us it was the first time we heard this great show on cd, and what a tracklist it is!!

The sounboard is indeed better by Baxter/DAE,but this one is the only with the complete "Can't help falling in love" at the end.

The crowd likes it!! [img]style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif[/img]

Yeah can't argue Johan....at the time it was pretty damn cool....maybe we have been spoilt since those days [img]style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif[/img]

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

+Quote Post
colonel snow
post Aug 8 2006, 07:49 PM
Post #9

Platinum Member

Member No.: 482

the opening show was first available on the LP Big boss man released in 1987 (label CFR 1-0973)
the LP losts its value when the soundboards were released.

some tracks were availabe on different import Lp's like Suzie-Q and others

colonel snow

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tigerman
post Aug 8 2006, 07:54 PM
Post #10

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 2

QUOTE (stefan @ Aug 8 2006, 07:04 PM) *
I'm 100% certain it was due to Elvis's own lack of self confidence (and NOT "disaproval" from the audience) that caused Elvis to go back to his "usual" setlist in a few days. !

I don't own this audience recording, but when listening to the soundboard trough headphones, the audience does sound "amazingly" enthausiastic.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just like the 3 Ashville shows are year later where everyone says Elvis didn't got a standing ovation at all .... pure myth ! (the standing ovation after How Great Thou Art on July 24th is one of the "hardest" and "longest" i've ever heard).

You migth be right Stefan and johan. Alltough if you read about the show, they often write that the audience where mediocre that night. I will re-listen to this cd and hear for myself.

--------------------

The outer limit of your potential is determined solely by your own beliefs and your own confidence in what you think is possible

+Quote Post
Memphis-Man
post Mar 20 2007, 02:46 AM
Post #11

At The Gates Of Graceland

Member No.: 17

What a terrific line up of songs! (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/woohoo.gif) It is too bad Elvis didn't keep this line up during this season, or at least include songs like, "Down in the Alley," and "Good Time Charlie..." in more concerts. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

M-M

--------------------
"Until we meet you again may God Bless You"

+Quote Post
colonel snow
post Sep 4 2013, 10:51 AM
Post #12

Platinum Member

Member No.: 482

Here is a clip with thefull album version.
Meanwhile avaliable as soundboard.

colonel snow

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:36 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities