02 Introductions
03 Medley: I could'nt live without you/Bring it back/Aubery
04 It's Now or never
05 Let me be there
06 If you talk in your sleep
07 Drug story
08 Hawaiian wedding song
09 Can't help falling in love

Yes, here it is again. The famous closing show Elvis held in Las vegas on september 2, 1974. There are many opinions about this show, some like Elvis little rant, others find it utterly disturbing.
If you are in the last cathegory, just skip the track, because the show itself is bloody marvelous. Some top notch performances of grate songs.

I would like to mention tracks like "it's Midnight", "You gave me a mountain","It's now or never", "If you love me let me know" and "Let me be there"... To me these are worth the price alone. Some say Elvis lost focus during this period, but listen to the passion this guy performs with, "Mountain" an "It's midnight" will give you chills. "Let me be there" and "If you love me" will make you applaud. None can match Elvis when he delivers so much.

Also "Hound Dog" is delivered with the right spirit, and the best version ive heard from the 70's of "It's now or never".

There are some differances between Drug Story and the more famous Dessert storm releases. First of All Dessert Storm is a soundboard release, while Drug Story is a Audience recording. That said Drug Stroy includes more tracks that where not on the sounboard released by Fort Baxter. These tracks are "2001 theme", "C.C Rider" and "I could'nt live without you!.
The sound quality is good, but if you are a sound freak go for Baxters "Dessert Storm".

Track 3 on CD2 is performed by Voice.

--------------------

The outer limit of your potential is determined solely by your own beliefs and your own confidence in what you think is possible
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 09:40 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities