IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topic Start new topic
 Releasing Old Elvis Albums, to new Elvis Fans

Guest_curtis simpkins_*
post Feb 27 2007, 08:56 PM
Post #1

Guests

If Sony/Bmg want new Elvis fans to buy Elvis Albums then heres what they need to do.

they need to release All Of his Album's durning his left time-(even though ftd is all ready doing this with new tracks of unreleased goodies)-because this way the could here some of his best work that Elvis ever did.

Release his deleted lps with bounds track just keep them has they were and use original track list and songs.

and set back and see what happend.

Oh yeah they can use the new sound on them has well.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Feb 28 2007, 09:50 AM
Post #2

Platinum Member

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 6

It would be much better than just re- re- re- re- re- re- re- re- re- re- re- re- re- re- re- re- reeleasing the same greatest hits cds.

People NEED something different and if an artist cannot create something new, with Elvis they could release the old albums (with some extras) to the general public. I think it would work.

--------------------
I'd rather go on hearing your lies....than smell your armpits son
Atlanta - December 30th 1976

+Quote Post
stefan
post Feb 28 2007, 10:22 AM
Post #3

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Gordon @ Feb 28 2007, 11:50 AM)
It would be much better than just re- re- re- re- re- re- re- re- re- re- re- re- re- re- re- re- reeleasing the same greatest hits cds.

People NEED something different and if an artist cannot create something new, with Elvis they could release the old albums (with some extras) to the general public. I think it would work.

They've done that already and I think it doesn't work .....................anymore !

In the last few years only the boxsets contained "new/unreleased" material, everything else is the same in a new jacket ... we get one in the winter, in the spring, the summer and finally in the autumn ... you choose the jacket you like best !

There is simply nothing anymore that can be released mainstrean which hasn't been released in any form before.

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Feb 28 2007, 10:29 AM
Post #4

Platinum Member

In that case stefan...they are NOT doing/ did NOT do it the right way.

Did you know that I knew about many bootlegs about a year before I realised the existance of the Madison and Memphis shows on RCA? Maybe because i wasn't born when they were released on LP....but you hardly find these anywhere. Same goes for any other of these releases.

Heck you find loads and loads and loads of greatest hits cd's anywhere here.......I wonder what the problem is.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stefan
post Feb 28 2007, 10:47 AM
Post #5

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Problem is what it is since March '73 (sell out back catalogue): Promotion !

The only thing they have to do is:

a) release quality stuff
b) package it the right way (accurate pictures, good liner notes etc etc)
c) PROMOTE the damn thing worldwide with TV adverts, newspaper adverts, local adverts ...

I think the above would work a little better than what they are doing for the last 10 years !

It sometime seems like they still have to release 3-4 albums a year, just like when Elvis was alive and every album after '70 was direct competition for the album that came before and next.

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

+Quote Post
Suspicious Minds
post Feb 28 2007, 11:35 AM
Post #6

Platinum Member

Member No.: 278

I don't know why Elvis sold his catalogue prior to 1973 other than short of cash. Nothing has been re-released again since 1973. It looks like they sold the rights to re- release anything recorded before 1973. All we get is flipping greatests hits albums by the dozen. The fans are fedup with greatests hits albums. The one album I like to re-released again is the UK album Flaming Star & Summer Kisses from 65-66. This is the only one never re-released. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/bb.gif)

--------------------
Frank

Every man has a Flaming Star

+Quote Post
C.C.Rider
post Feb 28 2007, 01:32 PM
Post #7

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 66

QUOTE (Suspicious Minds @ Feb 28 2007, 12:35 PM)
I don't know why Elvis sold his catalogue prior to 1973 other than short of cash.  Nothing has been re-released again since 1973.  It looks like they sold the rights to re- release anything recorded before 1973.  All we get is flipping greatests hits albums by the dozen.  The fans are fedup with greatests hits albums.  The one album I like to re-released again is the UK album Flaming Star & Summer Kisses from 65-66.  This is the only one never re-released. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/bb.gif)

Wasn't Elvis' doing Frank. Although he may have been able to step in. You can thank Parker for that bright move (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/crying.gif)

--------------------
Regards Shaun

Bruce Springsteen
He was as big as the whole country itself, as big as the whole dream. He just embodied the essence of it and he was in mortal combat with the thing. Nothing will ever take the place of that guy.

+Quote Post
Suspicious Minds
post Feb 28 2007, 04:03 PM
Post #8

Platinum Member

Was it sold because of the Colonel's gambling back then?

--------------------
Frank

+Quote Post
stefan
post Mar 1 2007, 10:45 AM
Post #9

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

QUOTE (Suspicious Minds @ Feb 28 2007, 06:03 PM)
Was it sold because of the Colonel's gambling back then?

The only reason I can think of why they sold the rights and royalties of Elvis's back catalogue prior to '73 is that Elvis needed money for his divorce settlement with Priscilla !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Suspicious Minds
post Mar 1 2007, 11:04 AM
Post #10

Platinum Member

QUOTE (stefan @ Mar 1 2007, 11:45 AM)
The only reason I can think of why they sold the rights and royalties of Elvis's back catalogue prior to '73 is that Elvis needed money for his divorce settlement with Priscilla !

I thought they settled it without too much money involved. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)

--------------------
Frank

+Quote Post
stefan
post Mar 1 2007, 11:32 AM
Post #11

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

QUOTE (Suspicious Minds @ Mar 1 2007, 01:04 PM)
I thought they settled it without too much money involved. (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)

At first they did indeed. Later on when a lawyer got involved it got a bit nasty. Don't have the details at hand right now, but will see if I can find them somewehere as I've read them in book aswell as on the internet.

--------------------

+Quote Post
stefan
post Mar 6 2007, 04:01 PM
Post #12

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

On August 15th 1972 Elvis and Priscilla both signed an agreement.

It says:

"It is understood and agreed that it is the intention of the parties to devide their community assets equally and that that the $ 100.000,00 to be received by wife shall be tax free for her. In the event any claim is made hereafter either by the Federal Goverment or State of California. Husband agrees to defend some and hold wife harmless of any liberty thereon to pay any taxes which may hereafter be assessed"

Orginial agreement:

(IMG:http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/imleaving/020811elvis_divorce.jpg)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After lawyer's intreference in '73 Priscilla got away in the end with:

$ 750.000,00 cash and for a period of 10 years $6000 (Alimony) and $4000 (child support) a month.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Mar 6 2007, 09:40 PM
Post #13

Platinum Member

lucky bitch (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/LSHIC.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 7th September 2024 - 07:47 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities