Reply to this topic Start new topic
 a work in progress

memphis 77
post Mar 4 2008, 04:36 PM
Post #1

At The Gates Of Graceland

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 683

since last year i have had the chance to slow down from work and take some time to put together a dream project that i have bin wanting to do for years, it is to compile /film other ELVIS collectors and their stories of how they got into E.P. and show their collections , i have filmed 45 hours so far and have over 8 fans and major collectors documentening their stories and collections , i'm going to title it THE FANS BEHIND THE MAN , and hope i will be able to finish it within the next few years or so , and it will be a homade project and one that will not be for sale [i hate to make money off E.P.] but will be available to all fans who are willing to just pay the postage, any thoughts as to what i should include in this project and would you also be interested in this , i sure want to include many of my photographs that i took along with many that i bought through the years , along with some quips of film that i took at some of the shows i attended, i'm glad to have some of the following people in the documentary so far , jim curtin, paul lichter, vikki rusell, john gadore, larry yates, jack kilpatrick , keith moore, sean o sullivan , anne marie buttons, robin roseanne, sue weingart and many to be added.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
stefan
post Mar 4 2008, 06:26 PM
Post #2

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 10

That sounds like a fantastic project and I for one would be absolutely interested to get my hands on it when finished. Keep us informed (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/rockon.gif)

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Mar 4 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #3

Platinum Member

Member No.: 6

definitely a very interesting project on the works.

you managed to get me interested as well david

--------------------
I'd rather go on hearing your lies....than smell your armpits son
Atlanta - December 30th 1976

+Quote Post
JohanD
post Mar 4 2008, 07:14 PM
Post #4

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 19

This can be an ultimate witness account!!
Please do keep us informed David!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
NightRider
post Mar 5 2008, 07:26 AM
Post #5

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 1

Sounds awesome David. Please let us know how it goes (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------
TCB Chris

You may think that its the breeze...whistling through the lonely trees..but its only him a flyin' round the bend...
as the day comes to an end.........

+Quote Post
memphis 77
post Mar 6 2008, 03:30 PM
Post #6

Member No.: 683

i've bin getting some crazy pm's with some insults and questions so i will try to answer them here if i'm allowed?, 1. again i will send the dvdr when the project is finished all the fan will have to pay for is postage- believe me i am not a seller/dealer or have no monetary gain here , i just want to share some great peoples memories /collections with other fans who are interested in this sort of thing. 2.i will include some snippets of my footgae that i filmed along with some photos in my segment, as much as i can , idon;t want the focus to be just on me that would be absolutly booooring. 3. many of the interviews i have done over a 20 year span since 87, and lots of the film i have is of the fans and their memories , along with the holiday inn fan fest which showcases ELVIS memrobillia for sale etc, many great fans opened up some of their ELVIS collections/rooms over the years to me and let me film some of it , with the idea that it would be for this project , 4. i have no exact date/year as to when i will have this done as many new things are added or deleted. 5 my primary concern is that the fans/collectors are looked at in a positive way not as freaks or .... 6. i hope that many who are new fans and old will love to listen to how so and so got into ELVIS PRESLEY and why they can't stop etc..

--------------------

+Quote Post
Joe Car
post Mar 6 2008, 06:06 PM
Post #7

Almost In Memphis

Member No.: 2,418

QUOTE (memphis 77 @ Mar 6 2008, 04:30 PM) *
i've bin getting some crazy pm's with some insults and questions so i will try to answer them here if i'm allowed?, 1. again i will send the dvdr when the project is finished all the fan will have to pay for is postage- believe me i am not a seller/dealer or have no monetary gain here , i just want to share some great peoples memories /collections with other fans who are interested in this sort of thing. 2.i will include some snippets of my footgae that i filmed along with some photos in my segment, as much as i can , idon;t want the focus to be just on me that would be absolutly booooring. 3. many of the interviews i have done over a 20 year span since 87, and lots of the film i have is of the fans and their memories , along with the holiday inn fan fest which showcases ELVIS memrobillia for sale etc, many great fans opened up some of their ELVIS collections/rooms over the years to me and let me film some of it , with the idea that it would be for this project , 4. i have no exact date/year as to when i will have this done as many new things are added or deleted. 5 my primary concern is that the fans/collectors are looked at in a positive way not as freaks or .... 6. i hope that many who are new fans and old will love to listen to how so and so got into ELVIS PRESLEY and why they can't stop etc..

Don't get dismayed by insults, I would say a lot of us are looking forward to your project!

+Quote Post
Gordon
post Mar 8 2008, 02:13 PM
Post #8

Platinum Member

Member No.: 6

don't be bothered by insults David.....certainly no harm done by this project of yours

--------------------
I'd rather go on hearing your lies....than smell your armpits son
Atlanta - December 30th 1976

+Quote Post
GuitarMan66
post Mar 8 2008, 02:37 PM
Post #9

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 9

This sounds like a fantastic docu..david..Please dont listen to negative idiots..what you are doing will I'm sure be an honest reflection of what the real fans want to see...stories about Elvis, film of Elvis and pics of Elvis...all presentd by a 'real' fan...with no other thought than to showcase Elvis...in the way we want to see him...and not a freak in a fake jumpsuit in sight..I'm really looking forward to seeing this..though as you say it will all take time..(IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
tcbndixie
post Mar 13 2008, 04:01 PM
Post #10

Down in the Jungle Room

Member No.: 92

WOW!! This sounds awesome!! (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif) Count me in and keep us updated!!

--------------------
Friends Because Of Elvis, Marshie/tcbndixie
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The vision, the myth, the legend...was really just a man...blessed, respected and loved!
Rest in peace sweet friend...rest in peace!
~~~

"...the image is one thing and the human being is another...it's very hard to live up to an image."
Elvis: MSG-NY 1972
~~~
"Long after I'm gone, what I did today will be heard by someone. I just want them to get the best of what I had."
Quote by Elvis Presley
~~~
"...it was like he came along and whispered some dream in everybody's ear, and somehow we all dreamed it."
Quote by Bruce Springsteen about Elvis
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Tupelo is where he was born
Vegas is where he'd perform
The World Stage is where he was known
But Memphis was always his home
Mayor A.C. Wharton/BW 2009

+Quote Post
U.S. Male
post Mar 13 2008, 06:28 PM
Post #11

Member No.: 1,973

This sounds like a very interesting project...best of luck with it (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

--------------------

"I'm gonna leave your head like the shape of a stamp"

+Quote Post
Scatter
post Mar 14 2008, 12:51 AM
Post #12

Member No.: 371

David, this sounds great my friend!! Can't imagine who would insult someone over something like this, but no shortage of idiots in the Elvis World.

--------------------

+Quote Post
pacer1965
post Mar 18 2008, 01:14 PM
Post #13

Platinum Member
Group Icon

Member No.: 16

Sounds very interesting to me David

TCE
Lorraine

--------------------
See How They Shine,Oh If You Need A Friend,I'm Sailing Right Behind

+Quote Post
Guest_Brad M_*
post Mar 24 2008, 05:15 AM
Post #14

Guests

Sounds like a fun project to do David..although it certainly would take alot of time and work putting it together..Would love to see the final product once you get it finished. Please keep us informed on how it goes.... (IMG:http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

+Quote Post
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th July 2024 - 12:10 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities