IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Faded love -Straight Arrow, Las Vegas, Nevada, February 15th, 1973, Dinner Show.

JohanD
post Jun 30 2010, 05:33 PM
Post #1

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19

01. Introduction: Also Sprach Zarathustra - 02. C. C. Rider - 03. I Got A Woman / Amen - 04. Love Me Tender - 05. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me (with false start) - 06. Steamroller Blues - 07. You Gave Me A Mountain - 08. Fever / Elvis left the stage - 09. Walk That Lonesome Road (J. D. Sumner & The Stamps) - 10. Sweet Sweet Spirit (The Stamps) - 11. When It's My Time (Bill Baize & The Stamps) - 12. How Great Thou Art (Donnie Sumner & The Stamps) - 13. I Should Have Been Crucified (Ed Enoch & The Stamps) - 14. Can't Help Falling In Love #1 - 15. Faded Love (first live version) - 16. I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry (last live version) - 17. Polk Salad Annie (first of two versions performed in 1973) - 18. An American Trilogy (with false start) - 19. Can't Help Falling In Love #2 - 20. Closing Vamp / Announcements - 21. After show comments.

This show is around since 1992 as the decent audiencerecorded "Las Vegas dinner show".
Since then it's been among my favorites because of the "strange" happenings.
This is an upgrade with a capital "U"!!
It's a totaly new source, from a very and i mean VERY good soundquality!!
It's still recorded from the audience, but let that not fool you: you are IN the showroom!!

You hear and feel Elvis struggle to this infamous show, he tries very hard to please the audience.
But his voice fails...we can hear also a very interesting Stamps Gospel section with a highly entertaining Charlie Hodge.
Elvis continues with rare songs and two "Can't help falling in love" versions.
A unique show!!
This show is for the collector a real gem.
We can thank the label enough for this outstanding cd!!
But the real THANKS goes to the recorder of this tape,the fan who shares this piece of history, thanks to him/her we can enjoy the king in very good sound over and over again!!

Sample by Cisco
Attached File(s)
Attached File  front.jpg ( 232.17K ) Number of downloads: 0
Attached File  sample.mp3 ( 2.84MB ) Number of downloads: 0

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th August 2024 - 10:18 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities