California Wave, April 25th, 1976 es-Memory Records

JohanD
post Aug 16 2009, 05:26 PM
Post #1

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19

01. Also Sprach Zarathustra - 02. C. C. Rider - 03. I Got A Woman / Amen (medley) - 04. Love Me - 05. If You Love Me (Let Me Know) - 06. You Gave Me A Mountain - 07. All Shook Up - 08. Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel (medley) - 09. Tryin' To Get To You - 10. My Way - 11. Polk Salad Annie (incomplete) - 12. Band Introductions (incomplete) - 13. Hurt - 14. And I Love You So - 15. America The Beautiful - 16. Burning Love - 17. Help Me - 18. How Great Thou Art - 19. It's Now Or Never / Introduction of The Eagles - 20. Funny How Time Slips Away (with reprise) - 21. Hound Dog - 22. Blue Suede Shoes - 23. Can't Help Falling In Love - 24. Closing Vamp
Bonus (stereo audience recording):
25. Let Me Be There - 26. Steamroller Blues - 27. Heartbreak Hotel - 28. Love Me Tender - 29. Polk Salad Annie.( Johnson City, March 19th, 1976)

It's been a long time since Memory records suprised us with a new release.
This time,it's a real suprise!!
Other then the FTD of "America" not much is out on silver disc from this tour.

This cd contains the (almost)complete audience recording of the april 25 1976 eveningshow from Long Beach, CA.
The sound is not "that" really good,memory produced better,but when you have listened to these kind of recordings,it's not that bad also.

Remember that tour shows where hard to tape in such big concert halls.
I liked this concert a lot,he is in good form,enjoys himself and the audience.
You are sitting in the audience,that's the kind of feeling i had during the first time i played this cd!!

The bonus section sounds better and is a nice treat since these songs are and sounding really good!!

Therefore i thank this label for bringing a "new" show to us collectors.
In times where re-issues are the norm, the audiecerecordings are still coming strong.
A cd for the real concert collector!
Attached File(s)
Attached File  CD_Track_17.mp3 ( 3.06MB ) Number of downloads: 5
Attached File  cd_californiawave.jpg ( 38.66K ) Number of downloads: 1

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 6th September 2024 - 11:30 PM
Hosted By: ElviCities