Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

A REAL Elvis Scarf

Memphis-Man
post Apr 4 2008, 08:53 PM
Post #1

At The Gates Of Graceland

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 17

This took place at one of the many Elvis concerts I attended in the 1970's.

It was Monday evening, June 28, 1976, at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. Elvis was doing a medley of some of his 1950’s hits. In order he sang “All Shook Up,” and a medley of “Teddy Bear / Don’t Be Cruel." Elvis sang them well. You could hear all of the words and he seemed to be enjoying them. Sure, there were scarves being handed out and some audience interaction, but Elvis was obviously having fun and so was the audience. There was one amazing moment I will never forget which happened during this medley. I had seats out in front of the stage but slightly off to the side. The front of the stage was mobbed with people as you would imagine as Elvis was giving out the scarves. At the end of the stage where The Stamps were seated, Elvis tossed a scarf and it fell between two woman who both lunged for it. I saw them scuffling, and since Elvis was walking away from that area no one seemed to be paying much attention to that particular area. As the two women wrestled, I saw the scarf sitting on the floor. I couldn't believe that no one else saw it. I sprang to my feet and ran the couple of rows to the front of the stage, reached down through a sea of legs, and picked up the scarf. With the scarf locked tightly in both of my hands, I raced back to my seat. As I sat down in my seat I noticed that the two woman had stopped wrestling and were now frantically searching the floor for the scarf! I no sooner sat down then I heard Elvis concluding "Don't Be Cruel." As we all stopped applauding, I handed the scarf to my mother whom I had taken to the show with me!

M-M

--------------------
"Until we meet you again may God Bless You"
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2024 - 04:18 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities