The Essence Of Energy, November 12, 1970 Seattle-Rainbow Records

JohanD
post Sep 3 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #1

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19

1. Opening Vamp ; 2. That's All Right, Mama ; 3. I Got A Woman / Amen ; 4. Love Me Tender (with false start) ; 5. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me ; 6. Sweet Caroline ; 7. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' ; 8. Polk Salad Annie ; 9. Band Introductions ; 10. Johnny B. Goode ; 11. Band Introductions (continued) ; 12. How Great Thou Art (with false start and reprise) ; 13. The Wonder Of You ; 14. Heartbreak Hotel ; 15. Blue Suede Shoes ; 16. Hound Dog ; 17. Funny How Time Slips Away ; 18. Can't Help Falling In Love ; 19. Closing Vamp

This show is been out since the 90's as "The thrill goes on".
Rainbow records releases is now again from a new different source.
Tthat new source is milestones better then before,for an early roadshow it's very good!!

The show itself is one highlight.
A very energetic show.
But also weird that "Bridge" or "Suscious minds" are not on the setlist that day.
Therefore it's only a 40 minutes performance.

Still, it's the legend on the road, at the top of his game!!
Above that, it's the best sounding tour show from 1970!!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  front.jpg ( 167.63K ) Number of downloads: 6
Attached File  sample.mp3 ( 3.62MB ) Number of downloads: 7

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Tigerman
post Oct 4 2010, 01:04 PM
Post #2

Down in the Jungle Room

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 2

QUOTE (stefan @ Oct 4 2010, 01:11 PM) *
Like you said, compared to earlier concerts from the year 1970 this is definately a 'disapointing' listening experience

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/icon_wink.gif) I think we agree on most Stefan, it would take alot to top Elvis anno January/February 1970, his voice was so uber cool back then, The rawness witnessed in '69 but also Elvis had gotten a better hang on the ballads i.e "Let it be me","wonder of you", he simply had the best from August and August '69 at once.
But the things he does right on this release is well worth it, and "good" sounding tour shows from the second-half of 1970 is not something we get everyday. While the sound is far from perfect I think this is the best sounding one we have, wich is why I recommend it.

I know I said that this is on par with good later shows, by that I ment that you get good number yet also alot of rushed material. Not a low-blow in case someone is wondering. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whistling.gif)

--------------------

The outer limit of your potential is determined solely by your own beliefs and your own confidence in what you think is possible
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 02:57 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities