The Essence Of Energy, November 12, 1970 Seattle-Rainbow Records

JohanD
post Sep 3 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #1

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19

1. Opening Vamp ; 2. That's All Right, Mama ; 3. I Got A Woman / Amen ; 4. Love Me Tender (with false start) ; 5. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me ; 6. Sweet Caroline ; 7. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' ; 8. Polk Salad Annie ; 9. Band Introductions ; 10. Johnny B. Goode ; 11. Band Introductions (continued) ; 12. How Great Thou Art (with false start and reprise) ; 13. The Wonder Of You ; 14. Heartbreak Hotel ; 15. Blue Suede Shoes ; 16. Hound Dog ; 17. Funny How Time Slips Away ; 18. Can't Help Falling In Love ; 19. Closing Vamp

This show is been out since the 90's as "The thrill goes on".
Rainbow records releases is now again from a new different source.
Tthat new source is milestones better then before,for an early roadshow it's very good!!

The show itself is one highlight.
A very energetic show.
But also weird that "Bridge" or "Suscious minds" are not on the setlist that day.
Therefore it's only a 40 minutes performance.

Still, it's the legend on the road, at the top of his game!!
Above that, it's the best sounding tour show from 1970!!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  front.jpg ( 167.63K ) Number of downloads: 6
Attached File  sample.mp3 ( 3.62MB ) Number of downloads: 7

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
Tigerman
post Oct 4 2010, 12:04 PM
Post #2

Down in the Jungle Room

Group: Special Members
Member No.: 2

Im with Johan here, the concert is really good in my opinion, not on par with the earlier 70's shows but that's forgiveable considering Elvis had been onstage for the most of 1970, with projects such as the Astrodome,TTWII etc. It takes it's toll.

Still, to me a subpar Elvis in 1970 is as good as the best later shows. The energy is high as excpected, yet I aslo agree with Stefan that the focus is not there on all songs. It's short, too short... Elvis seems to be on Duracell batteries. While we always say Elvis was tierd of Vegas, beeing on the road didn't seem to lift his spirit this night. I also understand this, as in reality Elvis should have had a break, but as he said himself "The show must go on". I will recomend the show to anyone as the numbers he puts his focus on justify the release.

--------------------

The outer limit of your potential is determined solely by your own beliefs and your own confidence in what you think is possible

+Quote Post
stefan
post Oct 4 2010, 12:11 PM
Post #3

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 10

QUOTE (Tigerman @ Oct 4 2010, 02:04 PM) *
Im with Johan here, the concert is really good in my opinion, not on par with the earlier 70's shows but that's forgiveable considering Elvis had been onstage for the most of 1970, with projects such as the Astrodome,TTWII etc. It takes it's toll.

Still, to me a subpar Elvis in 1970 is as good as the best later shows. The energy is high as excpected, yet I aslo agree with Stefan that the focus is not there on all songs. It's short, too short... Elvis seems to be on Duracell batteries. While we always say Elvis was tierd of Vegas, beeing on the road didn't seem to lift his spirit this night. I also understand this, as in reality Elvis should have had a break, but as he said himself "The show must go on". I will recomend the show to anyone as the numbers he puts his focus on justify the release.

I agree with many of your points Einar and I don't find this a 'bad' concert, but I'm neither in the camp of those who think that all from '69 - '72 is of the highest standard (and I'm not implying you or Johan are in that camp). Like you said, compared to earlier concerts from the year 1970 this is definately a 'disapointing' listening experience.

That said, the cd is offcourse a worthwhile addition to any fan's collection and should not be totally disregarded because of the fact we are wittness of rare off-night in 1970 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rockon.gif)

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 12:23 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities