The Essence Of Energy, November 12, 1970 Seattle-Rainbow Records

JohanD
post Sep 3 2010, 07:42 PM
Post #1

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 19

1. Opening Vamp ; 2. That's All Right, Mama ; 3. I Got A Woman / Amen ; 4. Love Me Tender (with false start) ; 5. You Don't Have To Say You Love Me ; 6. Sweet Caroline ; 7. You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' ; 8. Polk Salad Annie ; 9. Band Introductions ; 10. Johnny B. Goode ; 11. Band Introductions (continued) ; 12. How Great Thou Art (with false start and reprise) ; 13. The Wonder Of You ; 14. Heartbreak Hotel ; 15. Blue Suede Shoes ; 16. Hound Dog ; 17. Funny How Time Slips Away ; 18. Can't Help Falling In Love ; 19. Closing Vamp

This show is been out since the 90's as "The thrill goes on".
Rainbow records releases is now again from a new different source.
Tthat new source is milestones better then before,for an early roadshow it's very good!!

The show itself is one highlight.
A very energetic show.
But also weird that "Bridge" or "Suscious minds" are not on the setlist that day.
Therefore it's only a 40 minutes performance.

Still, it's the legend on the road, at the top of his game!!
Above that, it's the best sounding tour show from 1970!!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  front.jpg ( 167.63K ) Number of downloads: 6
Attached File  sample.mp3 ( 3.62MB ) Number of downloads: 7

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
JohanD
post Oct 2 2010, 10:32 AM
Post #2

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 19

'How Great Thou Art'

This number is in the setlist Stefan, in fact it's a very focused good version.
There are various very good songs to be found on this cd, the rushed ones are the old 50's rockers... as always...
"Polk sallad Annie" for instance is performed with great spirit, "You've lost that loving feeling" is exiting.
This evening it's a (shortened) Vegas show, in same style as the Houston Astrodome shows.. short but tight...

But i have to agree partly, it's too short, and one have to wonder why the two centerpieces from this concertyear(Bridge and Suspicious) are not performed... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

Soundquality is improved a lot over the previous release,so there's an absolute winning point. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

--------------------

+Quote Post
stefan
post Oct 2 2010, 11:07 AM
Post #3

Down in the Jungle Room
Group Icon

Member No.: 10

QUOTE (JohanD @ Oct 2 2010, 12:32 PM) *
This number is in the setlist Stefan, in fact it's a very focused good version.
There are various very good songs to be found on this cd, the rushed ones are the old 50's rockers... as always...
"Polk sallad Annie" for instance is performed with great spirit, "You've lost that loving feeling" is exiting.
This evening it's a (shortened) Vegas show, in same style as the Houston Astrodome shows.. short but tight...

But i have to agree partly, it's too short, and one have to wonder why the two centerpieces from this concertyear(Bridge and Suspicious) are not performed... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif)

Soundquality is improved a lot over the previous release,so there's an absolute winning point. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbup.gif)

You're absolutely right about 'How Great Thou Art', don't know how I got to that one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/undecided.gif) my mistake (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blush.gif)

For the rest I'll stand with my earlier post, we'll have to agree to disagree on that one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cheers.gif)

--------------------
"How do I get placed in situations like this? Ah hell, I guess it's all part of showbusiness "~ Elvis in his limo on his way to perform in Omaha, NE on June 19th 1977

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th June 2024 - 12:24 AM
Hosted By: ElviCities